Glamorous Black & Gold Weddings
Consider black and gold weddings as your wedding color scheme.
Stunning, dazzling and very elegant, this is a wonderful color combination with many decorating options.
Plus, it puts a nice spin on the classical black and white wedding theme.
There is no fast rule that says you have to wear white. In fact, up until the time of Queen Victoria, nobody wore white as a wedding dress! Instead, choose a beautiful satin gown in gold. Keep it simple and elegant. Accent the gown with simple gold jewelry and a gold tiara instead of a veil.
For contrast, have your bridesmaids wear black with gold accents, such as a draped sheer gold scarf or gold embroidery along the hemline. Gold and black ribbons woven into their hair would look gorgeous or have their hair sprayed with gold glitter hairspray for sparkle.
For the groom and groomsmen, choose simple black suits or tuxedos with a black hanky trimmed with gold in their pocket (rather than a boutonniere).
Gold and Black Wedding Invitations
Gold weddings call for golden hued invitations with black lettering or black invitations with gold lettering and designs. Why not send one of these classy black wedding invitations to your intended guests?
Table Decor and Centerpieces
- Use black tablecloths instead of white. Sprinkle the centers with gold colored confetti.
- For table centerpieces, you could use a clear or black bowl filled with water and add gold colored floating candles.
- For flower centerpieces, create an arrangement of lilies, spray roses, and freesia in all shades of yellow . Place in a tall, black vase.
- Place 3 black shiny metal or ceramic candle holders on a mirror in the middle of the guest tables and insert gold dripless taper candles of different lengths for a simple, yet elegant arrangement.
- Cut out black paper silhouettes of people or items to use as place cards. Write the guest's names on the place cards in gold glitter pen.
- Fill clear, uniquely shaped vases with gold and black colored sand in varying patterns. Place between two taper candles on the tables.
Black & Golden Wedding Decorations
With a black & gold wedding color scheme, you'll want to keep the decorations understated and simple. Accenting is the key. Here are some ideas which you could use:
- Use tall black and gold helium balloon bouquets as decorations near doorways, food tables and corners of the room.
- Hang gold foil stars from the ceiling which will reflect the lights and "twinkle".
- Paint some bare tree branches in black and some in gold. Secure in sand filled pots. Add clear twinkle lights to the branches.
- Drape the front of serving tables and the head table with gold colored tulle. Secure each loop at the table edge with a black and gold satin bow.
- Use black candles decorated with a black satin or grosgrain ribbon trimmed in gold. Place candles on serving tables, desert tables, etc. for added ambience.
Favor Suggestions for Black & Gold Weddings
- Wrap 2 or 3 floating candles in tulle. Tie with gold and black curled ribbons.
- Everyone loves chocolate. Present your guests with a small box of Godiva chocolates in a gold favor box wrapped with a black ribbon.
- Fill miniature black top hat and cane favors with mints or candies.
Black & Gold Weddings. © 2006-2010, Rose Smith.