Celebrate with a Butterfly Wedding Theme
A Romantic Summer Wedding Celebration
Having a butterfly wedding theme has become very popular over the past decade. The beauty and grace we see in these fluttering fantasy insects seems to easily capture our imaginations with their joyful freedom. It's a lovely romantic wedding theme, perfect for a summer celebration.
Plan a Beautiful Butterfly Wedding Easily
If you're looking for some fabulous ideas on how to plan a butterfly wedding theme, I highly recommend Kari White's ebook Unique Theme Weddings
. It features an exclusive collection of 19 complete and unique wedding themes, one of which is based on butterflies called the The Fluttering Fantasy Wedding
. Best of all, you can mix and match ideas from the other theme ideas to create your own fabulous "Fluttering Fantasy."
Suggestions for Wedding Attire
- Brides can sew appliqued butterflies onto their dresses. If you have a headpiece that is covered in fabric, sew smaller, matching butterflies to the headpiece.
- For your bridesmaids, also sew the same type of appliques on their dresses, such as at the edge of a sleeve, near the neckline, or along the hem.
- Create your own throwing garter as well. Simply sew a pretty butterfly applique to an existing garter or create your own by sewing elastic through the middle length of wide lace.
- Many online bridal shops carry floral tiara's and headbands (with and without a veil) which would compliment your chosen theme nicely.
Butterfly Wedding Decorations
- Table decorations could consist of butterfly confetti, floating candles, and small plant pots filled with wild flowers and fluttering picks.
Hanging Floral Ball With Butterflies
- A cute addition is shaped name card holders. Many places sell these, but you could easily make your own by decorating a small 2" clay pot, fill it with small silk flowers and insert wired butterflies. These make wonderful favors too.
- Decorate the room with flower garlands and attach colorful butterflies to the garlands here and there, of various sizes.
- Use pillar candles as centerpieces. Wrap wide ribbon around the bottom and attach glittering embellishments to the ribbon (check scrapbook supply stores).
- Use wide ribbon bows with a single butterfly applique in the center and attach these to many objects, such as the cake knife serving pieces, candles, poles, the corner of a doorway, along green garland, as pew markers, etc.
- Consider devoting each of your guest tables to a specific butterfly and decorate the table with colors, flowers, etc. that suit that insect.
- Give your guests butterfly shaped cookies wrapped in netting or placed in a small box decorated on the outside with glued on or stenciled butterflies. You can also do this with shaped chocolates.
- Take plain white small envelopes (or make them). Decorate with stencils or run them through a color printer. Fill with wildflower seeds or any type of seeds specifically for flowers that attract butterflies.
- Make or buy personalized candy bar wrappers.
- Make your own bubble bottles. Buy small jars of bubble mixture and decorate the outside with ribbon and either glue on a color printed butterfly or create your own labels and glue to the bottle.
Fabulous Fluttering Cakes
Check out these pictures of gorgeous butterfly wedding cakes for ideas that you can use too!
Many ideas abound when creating a celebration based on these beautiful insects. You can choose to go with a simple, all white color scheme or perhaps choose to have a color theme related to a specific species of butterfly.
Play around with ideas until you come up with something that is uniquely suited to your personalities and desires. Any way you look at it, a butterfly wedding theme can provide enchanting elegance to any wedding.
Visit our Butterfly Poems & Quotes page for beautiful and endearing verses, poems and quotes that you can use for wedding invitations, favor tags and more.
Written by Rose Smith © 2003-2012