Daisy Theme Wedding Ideas
Nothing signifies summer like daisy theme wedding ideas. New growth, fresh air, and gentle warm sunshine... these are just some of the thoughts that come to mind when thinking of daisies. What a delight to center your wedding celebration around this simple, yet popular flower.
Wedding Colors To Use
White & yellow are the perfect choice for a wild-flower daisy theme.
You may also choose to showcase a wide variety of daisies, instead of just focusing on the common white daisy. If so, read farther down to the flower listing to see the different types and colors available.
Daisy Wedding Theme Ideas - Bridal Party Attire
Add daisy appliques to your dress or if someone you know is good at beading, get them to sew beaded daisies into your gown. Wear a simple headpiece with fabric or beaded daisies.
Wear soft chiffon yellow gowns with white or yellow chiffon scarves (that drape down the back). Carry a bouquet of daisies.
Groom and Groomsmen:
Basic suit in blue or grey, yellow cummerbund, daisy boutonnieres.
Wedding Invitations For a Daisy Wedding Theme
Table Decor and Centerpieces
- Place a single daisy in mini-flower vases colored in soft pastel shades and create an arrangement of 3 vases per table. Scatter some extra petals on the table.
- Fill glass bowl with water. Add some yellow food coloring. Float daisy candles and flower petals in water. Another option is to use a medium-tall glass vase or glass. Fill 1/3 of bottom with clear glass beads. Float a daisy candle on top.
- Place a ring of daisies around a pillar candle in the center of the table. Decorate the lower end of the candle with yellow and white ribbon.
- Use a galvanized watering can and fill with a bouquet of daisies for a folk-art look.
- Line wicker baskets with white or yellow cloth. Glue silk daisies around the edge of the basket. Add some ribbons and bows at the handles. Fill with favors and use as centerpieces.
- Tie yellow satin or chiffon chair sashes around white chair slipcovers. Add a large silk daisy to the back of the bow.
Favors for Daisy Theme Wedding Ideas
- Paint small terracotta flower pots in pastel colors. Fill with daisy shaped chocolates. Gather pastel colored tulle around pot and tie with ribbon.
- Wrap daisy shaped soaps in tulle as favors.
- Present your guests with chocolate bars wrapped in home-printed or purchased daisy candy bar wrappers.
- Give your guests bottles of bubbles. Glue a small, silk daisy on bottle or on bottle cap.
- Create bookmarks with a daisy picture and a special saying, such as:
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, He Loves Me, We Tied The Knot."
A Variety of Daisy Flowers For Arrangements & Bouquets
It pays to know what types of daisies are available when searching for daisy wedding theme ideas.
Some blooms are large and some are small, plus they come in a variety of colors. The shade of the daisy that you choose to focus on will help you determine what colors to incorporate into your wedding decor.
- African daisies (Arctotis) - 18" high. Colors are: yellow, orange, red, crimson, cream and purple.
- Dahlberg Daisy - Foliage is green, fern-like and cascades down planters. Produces masses of small 1" daisies. Color is: yellow.
- English daisies (Bellis perennis) - Low to the ground. Blooms in spring. Colors are: pink, white or purple.
- Gerber Daisy (Gerbera spp) - About 12" - 18" high. Colors are: yellow, orange, red.
- Gloriosa Daisy - These daisies are what most of us know as Blackeyed Susans. Colors are: yellow with black/brown centers.
- Painted daisies (Chrysanthemum coccineum) - 18" high. These daisies basically tricolor blooms. They come in a wide combination of colors. Very pretty.
- Shasta Daisies (Chrysanthemum x superbum) - 12-36 inches high. Colors are: white with yellow centers.
- Swan River Daisy - Feathery foliage with daisy-like flowers. Colors are: white, blue or pink.
- Wild Daisies - These are the daisies you find in a field. Colors are: white with yellow centers.
Daisy Wedding Cake
Of course, you'll also want to have a daisy themed wedding cake. Here are a few photos I've found that should give you some ideas.
Daisy Theme Wedding Ideas by Rose Smith © 2004-2010