Western Wedding Accessories & Attire For Men
It's time to outfit the cowboys in your wedding party. Here are some suggestions for western wedding accessories and attire for the lucky groom and his groomsmen wear.
- Men can choose between a suit coat, tuxedo style (long or short) coat and a frock coat.
- Consider a white or black bolero jacket (with or without tails).
- Some of the suits come with suede trim along the shoulders or on the elbows.
- The coats often have front and back double peaked or drop arrow yokes.
- Tuxedo shirts with a pleated bib front are a favorite choice. Most have a wing tip collar.
- Another shirt choice is the tombstone collar shirt, which were a fashion feature during the late 1800's. Basically, the shirt is a pinstripe in a dark color with an inset bib and a contrasting white strand-up straight collar. The collar has a tab on the back in order to keep a tie in place.
- Frontier vests are an old west choice that works well with any suit style.
- Cummerbunds are usually not worn.
- For added fun, the groomsmen could dress the same as the groom (without tails) and sport "holsters and guns".
Men's Western Wedding Accessories
Stetson Hat - Don't forget the cowboy hat or perhaps a round bowler hat if you're planning an old west celebration.
Jewelry - An old fashioned pocket watch would be a wonderful touch to finish off the look. It's also a great idea for a wedding present from the bride to her groom.
Boots - Choose black or brown cowboy boots to match your suit.
Tie - Tie choices are usually Continental, Clip-On Colonial, Bolo or Bull Dogger styles.