Winter Wedding Idea: Crystal Ice Palace
This winter wedding idea is cool and sophisticated. Think of a crystal ice palace with hints of silver and ice blue on a snow white background; glittering icicles; and crystal reflections that create an enchanted world for your wedding guests.
Winter Wedding Attire
Choose either a billowing chiffon gown in snow white or a sleek, satiny gown in silver or white. Wear elbow length white gloves and a floor length hooded cape. Carry pure white roses or white roses tipped with an ice blue color. Another option is to carry a fur muff.
Sleek ice blue or silver gowns with sequins, along with fur-trimmed capes in a matching color. Long elbow-length white gloves would compliment this attire. Have them carry a single long-stemmed white rose tipped with ice blue or a long-stemmed crystal rose.
Groom and Groomsmen:
Navy blue or pure white tuxedos with tails. Silver or ice blue cummerbund.
Icy Winter Wedding Invitations
- Using a glitter pen, add a silver & blue sparkle border around formal white wedding invitations.
- If you order invitations that feature a castle on them, you can add color and glitter to the background with the glitter pens as well, making them unique and in keeping with the theme.
- Use a silver or white background for your invitations with ice blue lettering.
Winter Wedding Idea Decorations
- Drape pure white or silver gossamer fabric on walls. Hang twinkle lights behind the material to make it "sparkle and glitter".
- Hang shimmering foil snow flakes around the room.
- Either spray paint bare branch trees with white or silver paint, or use white/silver fake Christmas trees. Place the trees in corners and near serving tables. Decorate the trees with white & blue twinkle lights and hang crystal clear, white and ice blue balls.
- Use bouquets of crystal clear and ice blue balloons filled with helium and gathered into groups of 5 to 6 balloons. Attach very long ribbons and then to foil covered bricks for weight.
Table Decor and Centerpieces
- Create a candle centerpiece with floating white and ice blue candles in a crystal bowl.
- An elegant and simple idea for wedding centerpieces is to place a small round mirror on each table. Add a single (or pair) of white or ice blue taper candles to tall, slender crystal candle holders. Sprinkle some silver and ice blue glitter around the base of the candles on the table.
- Swag white tulle in front of the main tables and tie glittering snowflakes secured with silver bows between the swags.
- Easy to make clear gel candles with blue glitter would be a great winter wedding favor idea. You can tint the gel a very light blue or add silver sparkles to the gel wax for a sparkle effect.
- The winter months usually bring about more baking. How about presenting your guests with some snowflake shaped cookie cutters?
- Give your guests a practical and useful wedding favor such as coasters in white, silver, or blue (or a combination of these colors) to use on their tables at home.
Snow White Winter Flowers
Arrangements of snow white flowers dipped in ice blue tint. Use crystal vases or crystal bowls for the wedding flower arrangements.
Another option is to cover the containers with ice blue wrap and tie shimmering silver/white bows around the base.
To see what floral choices are best for this time of year,have a look at our Winter Wedding Flowers article.
Winter Wedding Cake and Crystal Cake Toppers
Think of a pure white castle with a sparkling crystal winter wedding cake topper.
Related Winter Wedding Themes
Two more winter ideas that you might also be interested in considering are our Snowflake Wedding Theme and our Winter Wonderland Wedding Ideas. Both are based on an enchanting fantasy celebration of snow and ice.